- You will start with one Sim who will be cloned many times. So make sure it's a Sim that you like to look at. Also ensure they have a personality that won't drive you mad by the third clone.
- A clone will face difficult times and death, so they also have to be fairly tough.
- You may select any traits you think will be useful across a wide range of situations. Once set, all clones must have the same traits but you are allowed to change their lifetime want.
- You should be willing to kill some of the clones.
- No two clones are allowed to travel the same path. They must all have different jobs and find different mates.
- Clones must start with the normal Sim starter funds and no money cheats are allowed. They can start on any sort of lot or small house that can be purchased by a starting Sim. This means that they will need to start earning money in some fashion fairly quickly because purchasing any lot or house is going to eat up that cash.
- Clones start off alone in the world. Unless doing a challenge for rule 8 that requires your Sim have company from the start.
- Clones may participate in any single generation challenge that strikes your fancy including bachelor challenge, asylum challenge, toddler mania, etc. If that challenge has rules - your clone should follow those rules in preference to these
- Aim for a total of 6 clones. Feel free to do more if they still entertain you.
Suggestions for some clone lives
- Reach the top of any base game career
- Reach the top of an Ambitions career
- Reach the top of one self employed career (writer, painter, etc)
- Raise one set of triplets (give yourself a pat on the back if there are more siblings.)
- At least one clone must die - preferable at the hand of someone they love/trust
- Failure is an option. Some clones may not reach their goals. To succeed in their goal, they must reach your chosen goal for that Sim before they turn elder. The goal can be related to their lifetime want but doesn't have to be.
If you don't wish to create a Sim for the clone challenge, feel free to use Sam Grant. He is rather used to being abused this way. You can change his appearance in any way you wish but his personality should be untouched for the challenge.
Related forum post